||Ops Sys Programming Consultant
Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
Consultant Ops Sys Programmer
The Consultant Ops Sys Programmer is responsible for the following:
• Evaluating, installing, maintaining, and supporting operating systems;
• Preparing and proofing written documentation to accompany all systems, programs and program changes;
• Providing technical guidance and direction to management, programmers, and operators regarding operating systems;
• Evaluating hardware requirements and tuning hardware configurations;
• Architecting system solutions; providing guidance to junior level administrators; and
• Fully capable to run any major project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct problem analysis of server operation system and hardware problems, find the resolution of server related software problems; install and configure servers; administer security and backup processes for servers; participate in software and hardware evaluations.
• Runs technical projects such as system moves or major upgrades, etc.
• Work with vendors / departments to install additional software and/or storage; performs analysis and design for clustered server resources such as Citrix farm, VMware farms, or Windows Clusters.
• Provide server management on hardware and software.
• Maintain technologies (including Active Directory, Group Policy, etc) to insure server security; conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support.
• Perform scheduled server maintenance tasks, security audits, and assist with system backups and recovery with other departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
• Strong working experience with Intel server hardware;
• Strong hands-on technical knowledge of operating systems, Active Directory, Windows Server 200x, and DNS;
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated equipment;
• Strong working knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN;
• Experience with database environments and requirements for high availability, multi-function environments;
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to manage major projects;
• Self motivated;
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments, vendors, and general public;
• Current Microsoft certification.
• *** This role will required candidate to be on call ***
Desired Education and Experience Requirements:
• Translate department goals into own work assignments;
• Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions;
• Work with departments and/or project management to architect solutions;
• Fully build and administer an enterprise ready version of a Citrix XenApp Farm;
• Working knowledge with: VMware ESX Farm, Citrix XenDesktop, Windows Cluster (SQL, or Application), SAN Environments, and Network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, and routers).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
College degree in a Technical or related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Technical experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER